Pigs - VDL Feed Distribution unit
DocumentationFeed distribution unit
VDL Feed Distribution unit
The VDL Agrotech Feed Distribution Unit makes everything fall into place
Distribution of restricted feed portions for better uniformity
Filling of pre weighed feed portions by means of centrally controlled automatic outlet valves
- Distribution unit of stainless steel
- Distribution unit single, with 6 outlets Ø 50 mm
- Capacity per outlet 8,4 liter (= ± 5,5 kg feed)
- Modular system for assembling single- and double units
- Pneumatically operated slides for simultaneous feed administration
- Suspension sets for Ø 50, Ø 60, Ø 75 and Ø 90 mm transport tubes
The Feed Distribution Unit is applicable to houses with sows, gilts or fatteners. It can be installed with the VDL tube feeding system or auger system. The hopper is made of stainless steel. The Feed Distribution Unit ensures a good and even distribution of a pre-weighed portion of feed in a long trough. All pigs are offered the same amount of feed, simultaneously. Herewith, a better uniformity is achieved.
Through automatically controlled valves, the hoppers are charged. When all Feed Distribution Units are filled, the central pneumatically controlled opening mechanism opens all units for simultaneous feeding in all sections.